Saturday, July 4, 2009

Yard Sales and Sun Burns

Oh my goodness what a day it was yesterday. I woke up at 5:30 to head over to my parents house so that I could help them with the garage sale we were having for my grandmother's things. She passed away last year. It was hot and there was hardly anyshade until later in the afternoon. All the things that I didn't want to have sold did, so I guess I can't claim them later. So I was there from 6:30 until 2 in the afternoon. I didn't wear a hat or sunscreen. My face is nice and red. It doesn't hurt, which is good. OK maybe a little by eyes.

But when I get home I receive an update from my mother-in-law what V had been up to during the day:
-Good boy
-no nap
-played with Adolf during nap time in his crib
-rode with grandpa in the swather
-talked to everyone in the store
-didn't fuss or fight getting dressed by Aunt J (why can't he do that for me?)

Ok so there was no nap thats ok he was having way too much fun. And being silly. Well we have to take grandpa more water in the swather and we let V take another ride. When we are leaving the field V runs his hand along the chicken coop for a few seconds before I grab his hand so he doesn't get hurt. Well he starts to cry and I think its because he didn't want me to do that. Wrong. He has cut his finger on something on the chicken coop. Ok lets get him inside and wash him off and get a band-aid on him. What was I thinking. The band-aid lasts about two seconds. Well he can play in the pool that grandma got. And boy does he have a lot of fun in it. Until he starts to get goose bumps and shivering. Time to go inside and put some clothes on.

Aunt J takes him outside in the stroller so that he can watch what grandma is doing. About two minutes later I go outside and V is alone in his stroller asleep. Ok so it's finally nap time at 6 at night. But then I start talking loud and he wakes up. Not happy. Take him in to feed him dinner and put him to bed. Doesn't want to eat. Ok bed then. 7 at night he goes to bed in his clothes. He woke up this morning at 7. I loved it. I went to bed at 9:30 so that was almost 10 hours for me. I loved it. Well Happy 4th to all.

No comments: