Tuesday, July 14, 2009

FAMILY REUNION

For the last five days V and I went to my Tidball family reunion up in Island Park, ID. And oh what a time!

For starters we stayed with my parents Thursday night so that we could get up nice and early on Friday to get on the road. Thursday night we had a bbq at my grandparent's house. That was fun I spent most of the time chasing V so he wouldn't go into the gravel. He also thought he could play ball with the big boys.

There were some wiffle balls out that everyone was playing with and V was having fun with them also, well during the prayer a little girl that was there went up and handed one to V. He looked at her and right after she turns away he drops it on the ground. I thought I was going to die from laughing.

Friday: Spend thirteen hours in the car!!!!! Fill up the gas tank every 126 miles!!!!!! Get to our destination. Fall asleep!

Saturday: Wake up. Eat wonderful crepes with strawberries, peaches, pudding, bananas, and whipcream. Hang out, talk, have fun, go on a nature walk down to the creek by the cabin. See a frog. Aunt P and Uncle D get there and everyone wants to head off to the source of Henry's Fork of the Snake River. NO THANK YOU! No more walking with V strapped to my body. But it was good because V took a nap while they were gone. I practiced my pool playing skills. I stink. That night everyone gets inducted into the Good Indian Club. And we all have a great time. Peach cobbler for dessert and we sing to my sister J for her birthday. I finally have an opportunity to get into the hot tub! Talk to M on the phone and become sad. Play phase ten with my cousin and his wife until one in the morning. Great Fun!

Sunday: Head out kinda early for Mesa Falls. See two Moose! The falls are Beautiful and V sleeps pretty much the whole time. Almost everyone leaves after Mesa Falls. Have taco salad for lunch and take a wonderful nap. Relaxing day. Play pool with my sisters, dad, and cousin B. Kalua pork for dinner. Talk to M on phone and become discouraged. He needs a new front axle for the car. Now think that Minot will happen around Christmas. Very sad.

Monday: Get woken up by mom at 6:30 to get ready to go to Yellowstone. See a bald eagle, very cool! Go to some hot springs and V the whole time sits there and goes ooohh. Go to Old Faithful, always neat. Head back to West Yellowstone for lunch. See a coyote. Stop and and watch some Elk. Eat some ok pizza. Use the restrooms and the gender signs read Pistols and Holsters. And you can decide which one belongs to which gender. Walk around West Yellowstone. See some cool shirts. Get back to the car. Put V in his seat and start buckling him up. Look down and he is sound asleep. Poor guy! Go back to cabin have a nice long nap. Eat left overs for dinner. Play bananagrams. Sit by the fire that is burning wet wood and eat a toasted marshmallow. Go to bed.

Tuesday: Get woken up at 6:00 by mom. Eat breakfast,pack stuff up and get out on the road. In car for 12 hours!!!!! Get to parents house load our stuff in car and drive 15 more miles home. So glad to be home.

Unfortunately I left my camera in Fallon so I have no pictures of any of the things that we did. But I will find a way to get them from my family. So I will let you know.

Oh M's thing now. Sunday him and his friend drove to Fargo to visit a friend who broke his back. M now wants to move to Fargo. He thought is was so nice and better than Minot so we will see how long that takes. He has definately said that we have to build up a cash reserve. I told him that I have to get to Minot first and he has to have a job in Fargo first.

No comments: