Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Suprises

It is only noon and already there have been a few suprises in the Harper household.

1st. V slept until 10:00! That is about 12 1/2 hours of sleep. And because he slept in we did too!!!!!

2nd. V got stuck in the floor heater vent. He knows how to take them off and then he gets down in them. He can fit both legs. But this time around he got all scraped up and it was hurting him. You would think that he learned his lesson. But he didn't. After getting hugs and snuggles he went right back over to it and was lifting the top off again.

3rd. V has officially learned that he can take his diaper off. Maybe its because he didn't the one he had on. It was one that I had left over of a different brand I had been using that I just didn't like any more. Apparently neither did he.

M says he way too smart. Last night I had to get into the dresser but there was a laundery basket in the way. I moved it to where V could get to it. Well it has a lid and he took it off. He placed it on the floor and was going to start taking the contents of the basket out. Fortunately it was time to put the basket back where it was. Out of his reach. I then asked V if he could hand me the lid that was still on the floor. I didn't point I just looked at him and asked. He turned around, bent over and picked up the lid. He didn't exactly hand it to me, but he did pick it up cause he knew what I was asking. M was very impressed with this.

He has always been way too smart and way too strong.

But we love this little bundle of boy. And he is all boy. He plays rough, he loves hard, and he screams loud. He is a quiet observer of everything. He doesn't want to miss anything that he might learn how to do. Unfortunately one of his teachers is Adolf his cat. He will bite you because that is what his kitty does.

I don't like to discipline the little tike but if I don't he will think that he can do anything. He already thinks its a game to climb on top of the freezer and see if mommy will come take him off. But he is just so dang stinkin' cute with those faces he gives. Or the noises he gives that are so originally his.

Ok if I can figure out how to do this. I have a few pictures of our front yard. Completely layered in fallen leaves. You can't see the grass because of it. So if I get it to work I will post some of those.

I have been thinking and there are a few things I want to do.

I want to learn to take better pictures.
I want to take a cooking class.
I want to take a creative writing class.
I want to sew with a sewing machine.
I want to be good at making blankets.
I want to get picture frames for our family portraits back when V was a
month old.
I want to go clothes shopping and get three pairs of pants and 5 shirts
and 3 knew dresses.
I want to fly home for a visit. I miss Nevada in the fall. All the changing colors.
I want to explore Minot with M and V.

Man what a list. I guess I should get started on that.

No comments: