Friday, October 16, 2009

Minot is the coldest place on earth

Being from Nevada has some definate lows, but for the most part it is a great place to live. Unlike here in Minot. We got snow on Monday! And this is just the start. Everyone up here talks about how the -25 degrees is barable, its the extra -15 degree wind chill that will get you. And the blizzards. Church is actually let out early for the men so they can clear sidewalks and cars because of all the snow that falls during church. Oh and I get to have a block heater put on my car so we can plug it in at night to keep the fluids from freezing so I can start my car!!!!! I wanna come home. (Yes that was a little whine!)

With the snow comes something good and bad at the same time. M's work is supper busy. He has been told to come in to work half and hour to 45 minutes early for work so that if its busy they can just jump in and help out. And then plan on staying to close no matter what time you started. We aren't sure if he will be able to have days off anymore. He didn't this last week. So while we may not get to see much of our husband and daddy we sure do appreciate his hard work and the income he provides. Which is ladden with overtime hours. So it is going to be easier to make ends meet.

Wednesday night the bishop called and asked if I would be willing to be on the Halloween party commitee. He called at 7:30 and said the meeting was at 8. I was in the middle of dinner and mike wouldn't be home till almost 9, I told him I would and they will let me know what I am going to be in charge of or help out with. I definately think the Lord doesn't want me to be lonely up here.

Oh I have to add this little story. Last night in bed M and I were talking and he said that he had been praying that he would be able to make ends meet and that we wouldn't be stuggling with rent and things. He said "the Lord really gives us what we need and not what we want." He was hopping it would be in the form of a better paying job with regular hours. Not the same job with a lot more hours. So true.

V is as big a stinker as always. He climbs on everything. Last night he thought it would be a good idea to smack his daddy on the face. He was a little suprised when daddy didn't find it cute or funny. He also didn't like that daddy wouldn't give him hugs and loves because he was crying. He has been way to cute for way too long.

He is cutting another tooth on the bottom.

He has learned to run.

He loves it when he thinks he is going out side. He will try to sneak out when you let the cat or dog in or out. If he sees I'm going outside for any reason he wants to come too. Even if he is only in his diaper and there are a few inches of snow on the ground. He will get downright mad about it.

We think he swallowed M's wedding ring.


Love to all our friends and family

1 comment:

Lyle and Lori said...

Hey guys,
Burrrrrrr! Blake came home yesterday and I wore shorts to the airport. I am not envying you guys at all. Thanks for keeping us updated and stay warm. Love, Lori