Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Musings and thoughts

How does one child make such a big mess? V is so busy. He goes from one thing to the next. Clean off the coffee table, help Adolf eat his cat food, clear out the dvds and tapes, pull out all the shoes, throw his toys in the bird tray. Oh and the temper tantrums he has learned to throw. If I didn't love the little stinker so much I may have to sell him to the zoo. And yet there are those rare moments when he is dragging a rope string around by the mouth when he looks up and grins and all you can do is laugh and give hugs and kisses.

One would think that now that he is down for a nap I would get loads of things done, but I think I am the slowest house cleaner in the history of housewives. It takes me ten minutes to sweep the floor, even if I'm in a hurry. So never ask me to sweep cause it will take forever. I also do not enjoy the dishes doing. I for some reason prefer to clean up messes, but not the deep cleaning. For example when cleaning off the table it is ok to clear the dishes and take them to the sink, but some one else may wash them, wash off the table, and put the left overs in the fridge.

So M made breakfast this morning up in Minot. I was teasing him that it was my job to do that. He told me to get my butt up there and do it. So now I am going to tease him about it and tell him that I'm headed up there. Unfortunately there is so much to do before we can get up there:
V needs his birth certificate
I need to gather up medical records
The things we've been using on a regular basis need to be put in boxes
The Uhal needs to be rented and picked up
I need a driving companion so they need to to take time off work
The three of us need a place to live. That one should be at the top of the list.
So you see there is still a lot to get done before there will be any moving to begin with. I suppose the milk containers can't wash themselves and I need clean shirts, plus Vernon needs clean pjs for tonight. But I much prefer to do this and when I'm done here I have every intention of continuing to read midnight sun on Stephenie Myers official website.

Which is another thing I used to read books very quickly. I am currently reading the same book I was reading 5 months ago! And when I complete this one I can finally move on to the final book in the twilight series. May I finish it much faster than this current book!

I would really like to go one week without making a trip to wal-mart. Maybe that is what I will start doing. Go everyother week and if I run out of something in the meantime, I will just have to do without it until the scheduled shopping day. Sheesh when did I start having so much to say?
I guess always. I have always wanted to write so maybe this is a good way to go about it. One time in high school the author Chris Himerdinger or how ever you spell that came and did a fireside. Afterwards I went up and talked to him about being a writer and he told me to write every day. So maybe one of these days I will post a little short story.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

There ya go. Write everyday! I hope you can reunite soon with your husband.