Friday, June 26, 2009

DQ blizzards

M is in Minot working hard for us and I love him for that, but at times it leaves him exhausted. In the mean time V and I are here in Fallon doing a wackjob routine. V has discovered he prefers finger foods when it comes to eating. And I have run out of ideas on what to feed a 10 month old. String cheese, graham crackers and cereal are not the best thing to ALWAYS feed him. But he doesn't complain... yet. So he sits in his high chair making a mess of the cut up veggies I gave him and gives a huge grin with his eyes squinted. So of course I over look the mess and just smile and laugh at him. He really is too cute! When he makes a mess like this I know he's actully eating some of it, ulike when he has to clear his tray of everything and then it just lands on the floor, with nothing eaten. Maybe he will drink some more apple juice.

I can't help but think I must be a scatterbrained mother who thinks its a good day when I remember to feed my child more than twice a day. Oh sure he gets milk when it is his nap times and for bed, but breakfast and dinner can't be healthy for the poor boy. And yet he continues to gain weight. I know cause everytime I pick him up he seems heavier. Maybe I will let Adolf in to play with V for a while. But secretly it is so I can read a little bit in Breaking Dawn.

Earlier I realized that V needs a better high chair situation. He currently uses the wooden one that grandma got for all visiting grandkids. To keep him strapped in we use an old belt. But he can still stand up that way. DANGER!!

I have been trying to shed a few access pounds so I feel healthier and it doesn't work so great. Just a short time ago I had visions of DQ Blizzards dancing in my head. I need more self restraint. Maybe the fact that I have to drive 10 miles to get it will help me in my hour of need.

How does one sweep the floor when your child can escape the exersaucer you've been using as a jail? I think I will have to come up with a better solution.

1 comment:

sweetpea#1 said...

Lets go get DQ together! I wish! I remember the days when I couldn't even remember the last time I changed a diaper, gave a sippy cup, or fed my child/ren and it just took time and a solid system for me. Oh and manderin oranges out of a can, a cup, or fresh are AWESOME finger foods!