Thursday, September 9, 2010

September

You know how sometimes you do something then look back and realize that it was really stupid and you feel like a fool? Well that happened to me yesterday. I was paying our bills in cash. Had to go to the office building of our gas company. There was no way in the building. One door was locked and the other said ring bell for deliveries. There was a very nice man sitting in a company truck. So he let me in. All the way through their maze of offices to the back where a nice lady let me pay. When it was all over she told me there were a few places around town where I could do my payments in cash. How silly I felt. And my question is why couldn't they have told me this before I even started. Oh how I felt like a fool.

Yesterday V took to wearing my shoes around the house. A black slipper with a bow on it, and a brown heel with a bow on it. So when he was walking toward you you heard shlip, clunk, shlip, clunk, shlip, clunk. Then he traded the black slipper for the other brown heel. And he wanted to go for a walk in them. I told him he couldn't wear mommy's shoes outside. So I had to wear the brown heels and he went and put on my.......

TENNIS SHOES!!!!!!!

So we went on a walk like that.

Every day V likes to sit at the computer and watch TONS and TONS of videos about tractors. Sometimes it changes and there will have to be videos of "Mycles" or "Tomas" trains. He is very much still a farm boy at heart.

The weather has started to cool off. The leaves are turning yellow. I love the crispness in the air. The only thing I am not looking forward to is the blanket of leaves that will fall in our yard. Four trees and two lilac bushes. We can't burn them either. It is too close to our neighbors and well we are in city limits. But it would be a whole lot easier to do that than to rake them up, put them in bags and then take them to the compost area. Last year we had 10 HUGE bags of leaves.

It has also been raining. A LOT. But V has some nice rain boots and he loves to walk around in the puddles. And splash. He doesn't care that he is getting wet.

Unfortunately I think that Insomnia has set in for M. He didn't fall asleep last night till 5 in the morning. I hated this stage of unemployment last time. And I hope that it doesn't last this time. He did have a job interview last friday, but we haven't heard anything from them since then and absolutely nothing from any of the other places he applied.

1 comment:

Lyle and Lori said...

Hang in there guys. Something will turn up soon. Luv the stories about V. He must surely keep you two hoppin and boppin all day. It's been alot cooler here too. In the 60's today. We finally got the kids moved out into the little brick rental. It all painted and looks cute. She'll probably blog or facebook when she gets everything put away. Good luck on the job hunt. XOXO, Lori