Thursday, September 30, 2010

Interesting Night

You learn something new every day. And last night at work was no exception. The Norsk Hostfest is in town, wich means there are people from all over the world. I thought just the US and Canada were here. But as I was on the express lane last night I had Canadians and Norweigans. You could tell because they had an accent and they didn't really understand American money. If they had a card they needed help understanding how to use it. One person told me they don't have this kind of thing over in Norway.

I had a wonderful old couple come through. And they were delightful. She didn't want the box for her shoes but I was having a little difficulty understanding her. But we were able to laugh.

Then later I had two older gentlemen come through with a huge suitcase. Had to do a price adjustment and when it was done they wanted to know why if the advertised price was $60 what the extra $4 and some odd cents was. But when I told them taxes they seemed to understand. Then they asked if it was ok to leave the store with it. I told them that yep they could go and go to sleep. They laughed and said they just got here so they where way jet lagged. I'm thinking the huge time difference. It was probably the middle of the day for them.

I had a conversation with a man from Canada about Linny's and Looneys? Any way he said he didn't understand the american paper money. So that got me to thinking: How difficult is the big huge numbers printed on it. I mean I thought math was the same all over the world. Oh well.

Thought I would share my fun night. And we will see what tonight brings because I get to do it all over again. Although I think I will be in the food area.

No comments: