Sunday, May 16, 2010

RELAXING SATURDAY

M had Saturday off. We went to Roosevelt Park. V ran in circles and M and I read the men in ND who received medals for bravery in combat. And then the train came by. OH how V's eyes lit up. We walked on. He met a little 3 year old girl. By the time they were done chasing each other and the train (half way around the park) she was calling him "my buddy!" We discovered a water slide and pool area. Which we will be enjoying this summer. And learned that we needed cash to ride the train. Oh well.

M tried to show V the giant bumble bee and we saw a goose by the tracks. We crossed the bridge over the river and watched the water. On the other side of the river we saw a family of geese. A mommy, a daddy, and about 7 or 8 babies. In the water two geese swam over to us because we were sitting on the bank. They came up the bank and got super close. We were right next to their path.

At the play ground there were lots of other kids, but V didn't mind. He is a big kid and can do what they do. A young girl asked M to help her. She kept saying "Excuse me young man can you help me?" We both thought it was a little silly. V hung off the monkey bars all by himself. The sun was hot and I was glad I had brought some nice cold water to drink.

It was such a nice saturday and I am so glad that M didn't have to work so we could all enjoy it.

When we came home I made a quick dinner, V took a bath and then when he went to bed he zonked right out. NOW that is what I call wonderful.

1 comment:

Lyle and Lori said...

Hey Millie,
Sounds like a fun, family day. I'll bet V is getting so big. He sure sounds like a busy little boy. And I mean "boy":) We are all busy with wedding plans in full swing. We leave on Wed. for Vegas. Courtney went thru the temple of Sat. It was nice. We sent Blake off yesterday with all his stuff. They will only live a couple of miles from Derek and Tristin. Corinne is riding down to Vegas with us in the burb. Kyle can't get time off. I am excited for our reception in Fallon. Liv, Jaclyn and Maryan are coming out for it. We were warm here last week but now it cloudy and stormy. Hope you guys can make it home soon so we can see that busy little guy, and you two, of course. Miss you all. XOXO,Lori