Saturday, November 21, 2009

Tis the Holiday season!!!!

The count down for Thanksgiving has begun. I am feeling a little overwhelmed with what I WANT to have happen this Thursday. I don't think it will happen.
I want to:

Truely clean the house.

Have a cute center piece for the table.

Be able to pull out the leaf for the table and actually set a nice table.

I want one more chair, just in case.

To be organized and ready and plan meal preparations so that everthing turns out at the same time.

Make rolls, pies, and stuffing from scratch.

Have a nice moist turkey that is delicious.

Here are the reasons that I think it won't happen:

I am unbelievably unorganized.

I get overwhelmed easily.

I don't know where to begin.

I've never cooked a turkey.

But I have a plan. I am going to start unthawing the turkey tuesday night so it has all day wednesday to thaw out. Then I'm going to cook it in an oven bag. Oh I should probably find out if it fits into any of the pans I have. Maybe I should go get a pan to cook it in that has a rack and other things that I will need for cooking. A turkey thermometer. I will also need the makings for stuffing which means that I need to go shopping!!!!!! And I will find a center piece and a table cloth. I think I will also pick up some disposable eatery.

I'm just excited for this day. I've decided the reason they call it the holidays is because there are 6 holidays in 4 months. 1 in October, 2 in November, 1 in December, and 2 in January. Crazy!!!!!!!

V has been up to some pretty funny antics. He loves his dad and copies everything that Daddy does. Yesterday it was trying to go to work with M and blowing his nose the way that daddy is trying to teach him. Today it was V being unagreeable because he didn't get to spend much time with his morning buddy (Daddy.) Yesterday M had a parade following him around. V would follow M and Adolf would follow both of them. If Moose went anywhere other than the living room and dining area. I'm sure that he would have been following them around too.

He also likes to have your hands do things. He will grab your hand to point at things and pick things up and hold them and open them.

Another thing I want to mention is how our ward gave us a Thanksgiving dinner. That was very nice of them and it gives me a whole new appreciation for giving things like that.

I remember in Mutual one year we took Dinners around to families. But I always thought it was for families that wouldn't have A dinner if we didn't take it too them. I never thought of it as a nice gesture.


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

2 comments:

Lyle and Lori said...

Hi Millie,
How did your dinner turn out? I hope you were able to do all you wanted to get done. We had lots of good food and lots of good visiting and lots and lots of noise. All eleven of us(Lyle & Lori family) were here this year. We had a really good dinner last night of just left-overs. We had lots of rain thru the night and it is very cold so you are probably freezing up there. Stay warm. Love, Lori

millie said...

thanks for keeping in touch. I can just imagine how that was. I actually was able to do everything I wanted and it turned out very nice.