Tuesday, December 1, 2009

DECEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!

In true Christmas fashion and a little wierd for me. It snowed today. In fact it is a winter storm warning until 9:oo tonight. Plus the highs are supposed to be in the 30s and the lows in the single digit area. I LOVE MINOT!!!!!!!!
Any way. It doesn't seem possible that in 24 days another Christmas will come. I'm not really excited because I have nothing done in prepareation. Maybe when we go get a tree and have it up. Or maybe when the cinnamon rolls are baked. Yes I like that idea.

I am seriously hoping that there is a Santa at our ward Christmas party because I REALLY want to get a pic of V on Santa's lap.

Speaking of V he knows there is snow on the ground and so all morning that is all he has wanted: to be outside with the snow.

He also thinks that he needs to hold your hand and lead you around the house. Very opinionated.

We did go out in the snow this morning and he loved running around in it. Never mind that his snow boots are too big. They kept falling off. He didn't care. He kept running with one boot on and nothing but a sock on his other foot. He doesn't have gloves yet so every time he fell down it was on his bare hands but that didn't bother him either. What did bother him was comming back inside and taking off his boots and coat. He started to cry.

That's another thing he has started. Temper tantrums. He gets down on the floor and hits his head on it or he whacks his head with his hand and then looks to see if you are watching. If you are he does it again. If you aren't he gets mad and starts to cry. I try very hard to just ignore him but it is so funny to watch.

M is still working hard. We have a work Christmas party this saturday and until today with the snow there was talk of cutting back hours. But with the snow comes people who panic and NEED snow tires ASAP. So when he goes back to work tomorrow we will see what they say. He may be working long hours. Which both stinks and is great for us.

Ok so I have a few ideas for Christmas presents:
V-
Toy tools i.e. wrench, hammer, etc.
wood blocks that he can stack and easily nock over.
M-
a tool box
Me-
a crepe maker. Too bad its soo expensive.

Last night I made pizza and I must admit that it was delicious. In fact right now I'm going to see if M wants his piece or if I can consume it. Even though I already had one today. That is how much I love food.

OH and as a fun fact:
The shortage of Christmas to Xmas is not sacriligous. It is in fact just an abbreviation. In the Greek alphabet X is the CH version of our alphabet. So it doesn't take Christ out it just shortens it. I thought that was so cool when I saw that.

Happy Forthcomming Christmas preparations!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Dempsey's said...

so how is it going in the frozen north. how much snow are you up to now

millie said...

ummm the jetta won't start and we have about 4 inches of snow. Does this mean you have a blog?

Dempsey's said...

no not yet. we got about as much snow as you then. send me your email address some time all i have is mikes