Saturday, May 19, 2012

Health

Is it just me or does everyone experience weird things with their children's health? For me it has to do with E's weight. She was a big baby almost 9lbs. And then she dropped weight drastically. So then it was trying to get her weight back up. And she was doing great. Until 6 months. Then she had a cold for almost 2 months. Then she got an ear infection. So her weight was 16lbs. So we went back a month later and she had gained a pound. But while we were there a man, an grown man had pertussis. aka whooping cough. Well neither child was up to date on thier shots. So we went and got them. And I learned that symptoms can take a few weeks to show up. Well E started showing signs of whooping cough. I took her into the clinic and it was nothing. But then V had a lump show up on his groin. So a few weeks later aka two days ago we went back for another weight check with E she gained another 12 oz. yay. She now weighs 18lbs. But I also had the Dr. look at V. She sent us to the hospital to get an ultrasound on him. STAT! I loved it we where in and seen in about 10 minutes of walking through the doors. Luckily it was lymph nodes. I was concerned that it would be a hernia. That would have taken surgery. So now after all of this E has a runny nose again. I realize that kids are almost always sick. But I don't like it. Let them be well. I am just very greatful that they are minor things and nothing too serious. We are truely blessed that way!

No comments: